BP Plus Online reporting provides a powerful range of reporting options that will help you manage your fleet and costs, saving you time and effort in your busy day. It also gives you a comprehensive suite of reporting tools.
BP Plus Online reporting gives you a comprehensive choice of reporting facilities free of charge.
Cost Centres, Vehicle & Driver ID and Reference Numbers
To help make reporting easier for your business, you can also nominate a cost centre, vehicle and/or driver ID or a reference number to be attached to each individual card. Applying these numbers against individual cards enables you to run customised reporting in BP Plus Online for each cost centre, or reference number - a great solution for larger businesses that require reporting to allocate costs across multiple departments.
Cost centres can be added or updated at any time without the need to reissue cards.
Vehicle & Driver ID numbers are unique to your business and help you to manage your fuel costs across a card or group of cards. Reference numbers are embossed on the front of BP Plus cards and as a result, changes to these numbers will require a new card to be issued.
Reference numbers are unique to your business and help you to manage your fuel costs across a card or group of cards. Reference numbers are embossed on the front of BP Plus Cards and, as a result, changes to these numbers will require a new card to be issued.
Run a report
This section is your one-stop-shop for running any type of report you may need. You can run two different types of report here:
- A 'one off' report (i.e. a report you only need to run once), or
- A Recurring Report (i.e. a report that your business requires to be run on a regular or recurring basis). BP Plus Online gives you the option to run a recurring report over the following intervals:
- Day (End of Day)
- Week (run on the 10th, 17th, 24th and last calendar month day of every month)
- Fortnight (run on the 17th and last calendar month day of every month)
- Calendar month end, and
- Quarter (every three months - handy for reports required from taxation purposes).
The Run a Report page is set up in four different sections:
- Report Type
- Report Filters
- Report Scheduling, and
- Report Delivery
Use this section of the page to browse and select the report you want. All reports are grouped into one of the following options, found in the 'Report Type' section:
- Cost Centres
- Fuel Consumption
- Unusual Activity (Exceptions)
- Vehicle and Driver
- Bulk Card Activity
All reports housed in these groups will provide you with data relating to that category of information - e.g. the 'Cards' group contains all reports available on BP Plus Online that will provide you with card information for your fleet. If you are unsure about what information a reports provides you with, the 'About this Report' box to the side of the page provides you with a short description of the report you have clicked on. For more information about the reports available to you, click here
Use this section to:
- Select which account's you would like your report to run across. Note that you can run a report across one, some or all accounts that you have access to on BP Plus Online.
- Select the date range that you would like your report to run across (one-off reports only). You can select to run a report over a date range you select yourself, or you can apply one of the convenient pre-set date ranges.
The 'Report Scheduling' section allows you to nominate whether or not you would like your report to be run just the once or be set up to run automatically at set intervals. This section is automatically set to the option 'Run this report just once', so if you only need the report to run once you can skip straight to Report Delivery. If you would like to set up your report as a Recurring Report, select the option 'Schedule this as a new recurring report'. Once you select this option, you will be asked to:
- Name your Report (something that provides context to you about what the report is) - e.g. Monthly Transaction Report for Finance'
- Nominate whether you want the actual report emailed to a contact, or a notification informing the contact that the report is now available for download from BP Plus Online; and
- How often you want the Recurring Report to be run (note that is you have selected dates in the Report Filters section these will be cancelled out).
Finally, select how you would like your report to be delivered to you or a contact in your business. You can:
- Have the report run now and access it as soon as it has finished running (one-off reports only)
- Have the report sent to one of the contacts you have set up against your account/s or
- Enter in a different email address for the report to be sent to.
If you have chosen for the report to be sent directly to a contact via email, you can also select for it to be zipped before it is sent to you - great if you think the report may be a large file size. And you're done! It's that simple.
There are two areas in BP Plus Online that will allow you to quickly and easily manage your reports:
- Past Reports, and
- Manage Recurring Reports
The 'Past Reports' page is your library of BP Plus reports. It's made up of two sections:
- BP Plus Generated Reports
These are account-level reports that are automatically generated on your behalf by BP. This section includes reports such as:
Alerts (Account Balance Alert)
Bulk Card Activity (e.g. Bulk Card Order notification)
Card Transaction (e.g. Card Transaction Report by Card)
Invoice (e.g. Fleet Control Tax Invoice Detail)
From the section, you are able to view the full archive of reports run for each report type, and can quickly access the most recently run report as well.
- My Recurring Reports
This section is personalised to your BP Plus Online login, and provides you with access to all Recurring Reports that you have asked the system to run on your behalf. From here, you are able to view the full archive of reports run for each recurring report you have set up, and can also edit the parameters of the reports should you like.
Manage Recurring Reports
The 'Manage Recurring Reports' screen lists all the recurring reports that you have already set up. It summarises:
- Report type and detail
- Whether the report relates to all accounts, some accounts or an individual account
- Its frequency and status, and
- The number of copies of the report already generated
This page is best to use for:
- Editing your Recurring Report by clicking on the 'Edit Recurring Report' button next to each report; and
- Deactivating / reactivating a Recurring Report you have set up by clicking on the report name and selecting the relevant option in the menu. You can also get an overview of the parameters that each Recurring Report is set up with by clicking on the relevant report name and selecting 'View all Reports'.
Unusual Activity (also known as Exception Reporting)
For each individual card in your fleet, you are able to set up 'soft limits' for Unusual Activity (also known as Exception Reporting) to be generated against. NOTE: 'Soft limits' are reporting limits only and will not cause a transaction to decline at the point of sale. Unusual Activity (also known as Exception Reporting) enables your business to keep a close eye on your fleet and transactional activity, whilst eliminating the inconvenience of drivers being declined at BP locations.
This can be very useful for the monitoring of potential fraud in your business. For more information about the BP Plus fraud protection service Care+ Card Security click here.
A range of limits can be selected, so that you can closely align the limits with the expected transaction behaviour of the card.
- Fuel Transaction Cost
- Fuel Transaction Volume
- Fuel Daily Volume
- Fuel Monthly Volume
- Non-Fuel Transaction Cost
- Number of Transactions in a Day
BP strongly recommends that you setup unusual activity limits against each individual card in your fleet, and then set up the unusual activity reporting as a scheduled report to run daily.. Setting the report up to run daily will ensure that if a card limit breach occurs, you will receive a report to your email within 24 hours.
NOTE: . Changing the Unusual Activity reporting limits against a card does not require a card to be reissued.
Use the following steps to set up Unusual Activity reporting for your business:
- Ensure that all cards within your fleet are updated with Unusual Activity limits that reflect their likely usage profile. This can be done in one of the two following ways:
- Ordering new cards: Simply set your limits on page 2 of the 'Order a Card' process - Set Unusual Activity Limits
- Adding/Changing limits to one card: Search for the card you'd like to update via the 'Find and Update Cards' page, and then select 'Edit Card' from the contextual menu.
- Adding/Changing limits to multiple cards at once: Select the 'Bulk Card Update' function on the 'Bulk Order and Update Cards' page and follow the prompts.
- Click on the 'Run a Report' page under the 'Reports' main menu. Select the option 'Unusual Activity (Exceptions)' from the Report Type Menu, then select 'Exception Report Card Limits - Spreadsheet' from the Report Detail menu.
- In the Report Scheduling section, select 'Schedule this as a new Recurring Report' with a frequency of 'Day'. Select the email address of the contact you would like to receive the notification, then select 'Create Recurring Report'.
Click here to learn more about BP Plus Online system: