To ensure timely payment of invoices, you’ll need to comply with our invoice submission guidelines.
When to submit
Invoices must only be submitted to us after the commencement of work or supply of goods.
Invoice & payment-related enquiries: 1300 269 727 (option 1) Purchase order & supply-related enquiries: 1300 269 727 (option 2)
What to submit
Invoices must contain:
- the purchase order number
- an itemised breakdown of all charges, consistent with the type of purchase order raised
- contact details for any accounts receivable queries
- bank details for the account receiving the payment
- a valid ABN (Australia) or GST number (New Zealand)
If you haven’t received a purchase order you should contact your business representative directly or the operational procurement team on 1300 269 727 followed by option 2. Invoices must be in a computer generated format and be compliant with Australian Tax Office or Inland Revenue Office legislation, based on the relevant tax jurisdiction.
Finding information on a purchase order
'Send invoice to' information can be found in the lower box on the left hand side. The purchase order number can be found at the top of the box at the top of the right hand side.
How to submit
Submit your invoice to the correct location based on the agreed payment method.
For payments by Visa, send a copy of the invoice directly to your BP representative via email.
Invoice submission and payment is facilitated via your PayPal account.
Send all invoices directly to the email address, postal address or fax number noted in the 'send invoice to' box on the first page of the purchase order. Email is the preferred way to submit invoices.
Email is the preferred way to submit invoices. If you are emailing an invoice:
- invoices must be in PDF or TIFF format
- there should only be one invoice per file and one file per email
- the email address should be in the 'to' field, not the 'cc' field
- there shouldn't be text or signatures in the body of the email
- the subject line should say 'invoices'
If you are faxing an invoice:
- send one invoice per fax
- ensure that the invoice is legible
- check your fax status report to ensure it isn't rejected
Sending invoices to us
Send your invoices to us using the agreed payment method.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Address: GPO Box 4945, Melbourne, Vic 3000 Fax: 1800 504 298
BP Developments Australia
Email: email@example.com Address: GPO Box 4914, Melbourne, Vic 3000 Fax: 1800 507 648
BP Bulwer Island Refinery
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Address: GPO Box 4922, Melbourne, Vic 3000 Fax: 1800 601 512
BP Kwinana Refinery
Email: email@example.com Address: GPO Box 4910, Melbourne, Vic 3000 Fax: 1800 606 286
Email: apinvoicesBPGBSANZ@bp.com Address: GPO Box 4921, Melbourne, Vic 3000 Fax: 1800 601 675
BP Oil New Zealand
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Address: PO Box 851 Wellington, 6140 NZ Fax: 0800 451 012
What not to do
Invoices must not:
- include any unauthorised changes
- exceed the total value of the purchase order
- include any credit line items. These should be sent through as a credit note.
Payment of an invoice depends on the payment terms we have agreed to with you, the date when an invoice is received, and the accuracy and completeness of the invoice. Our standard payment terms are 30 days from the end of the month in which the invoice is received. If you haven’t received payment for an invoice, please contact your business representative directly or the accounts payable team on 1300 269 727 followed by option 1.