We are pleased to announce that we have launched a Mentorship programme for final and penultimate year university students from technical studies of selected local universities.
The programme is designed to provide one-to-one mentorship for the students to support them in developing their soft skills and boost their confidence.
Mentors are expected to provide professional support to the students in understanding their development needs and prepare for their career.
- giving a less experienced person help and advice over a period of time, especially at work or university
- being a trusted advisor to help students search for questions, guide them in their career and studies, support in developing certain skills
- a two-way relationship where it takes time to develop genuine connections and support each other in this journey.
The programme will continue for six months and consist of:
- One-to-one individual structured mentoring sessions on regular basis between a BP employee and a university student at BP office
- Skills workshops targeted for all mentees of the programme, such as presentation and interviewing skills, personal branding.
Although the mentorship programme does not guarantee an employment with BP, it will help to enhance students’ employability opportunities and provide access to professional advice and guidance from BP employees.
The programme is open for application for mentee candidates in English and Azerbaijani until 10 May 2019 through this link.
Programme eligibility criteria:
- a final or penultimate year Bachelor student of one of the following universities:Azerbaijan State Oil and Industry University, UFAZ French-Azerbaijani University, Baku Higher Oil School, Baku Engineering University, Khazar University
- a student of Engineering/Science and Technology studies
- an Azerbaijani citizen.
What criteria will be used to make a selection?
- motivation to join the programme
- university entrance score and CGPA (average score).
Please watch for your university Information Day to get more information about the programme.
If you have any questions or concerns about the programme, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org