Shallow Water Absheron Peninsula 2D Seismic Survey
Shallow Water Absheron Peninsula 3D Seismic Survey
BP as the operator of the Shallow Water Absheron Peninsula (SWAP) project announces that a draft Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) document has been produced for planned 3D seismic data acquisition as part of BP’s work obligation and is available for public review and comment.
The document examines the potential environmental and social impacts of the project, and describes recommended mitigation measures. The ESIA document and an accompanying non-technical summary have been produced in the Azerbaijani and English languages. Starting from January 15, copies of these documents will be placed in the following sites in Baku for public review:
- M.F. Akhundov Central Public Library, 29 Khagani street
- Scientific Library of the National Academy of Sciences, 31 H.Javid Avenue.
- Aarhus Environmental Information Center, MENR, 100 B. Agayev Street
- Republic Center for ecological fostering and education, the Ministry of Education - Nizami park 45-47
- The Azerbaijan State Oil Academy library, 20 Azadlig Avenue
- BP Azerbaijan Office, Xazar Centre reception at 153 Neftchiler Avenue, Port Baku
Starting the same date copies of the documents will also be placed in the settlements near Baku for public review:
- Bibiheybet settlement, secondary school No. 50, 20 Maktabli street.
- Hovsan settlement, Culture House, 35 Maktabli street
- Turkan settlement, Culture House, 1 Khanlar street
- Zira settlement, Culture House, C. Aliyev street
BP welcomes all comments on the draft ESIA. Please tell us what you think through visiting our web-site at www.bp.com/caspian or emailing to email@example.com, or through completing the feedback form provided with the above documents. You can send soft copies of the form to firstname.lastname@example.org or hard copies to the below address: BP Xazar Center, C&EA 153 Neftchiler Avenue, Baku, AZ1010 Please submit your comments by the end of February, 2015. Substantive comments will be carefully considered and addressed as far as is possible. For further information please contact Saadat Gaffarova in BP Azerbaijan. Tel.: [994 12] 599 43 29