Safety is the single most important priority for BP’s business worldwide. We aim to be an industry leader in safety and share best practice processes with our business partners.
BP has processes and procedures in place to make sure all employees hold the necessary skills and commitment to operate safely and effectively, no matter where they are or what they’re doing. Everybody who works for BP, anywhere and at any time, is responsible for getting health and safety right. It is critical to the success of our business.
Our Overall Objectives
- To drive down the environmental and health impact of BP’s operations by reducing waste, emissions and discharges, and by using energy efficiently.
- To produce quality products that can be used safely by customers.
- To consult, listen and respond openly to customers, employees, neighbours, public interest groups and those who work with BP.
- To work with others – partners, suppliers, competitors and regulators – to raise the standards of the industry as a whole.
- To openly report performance, good and bad.
- To recognise those who contribute to improvement.
Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) Objectives
- No accidents.
- No harm to people.
- No damage to the environment.