We know these are uncertain and challenging times so we want to let you know what we are doing in response to COVID-19 and explain some of the measures bp is taking to help us all stay safe.
The safety and wellbeing of our customers and team members continues to be our utmost priority alongside maintaining safe, compliant and reliable operations.
With fuel a lifeline utility, we are operating to the fullest extent possible during each level of the COVID-19 Alert system while also maintaining measures to protect both our customers and team members.
We are in regular contact with MBIE and MPI to ensure we fully comply with their requirements.
The team at bp
We are currently operating under Alert Level 2 of the COVID-19 alert system.
From Thursday, May 14 we are operating under Level 2 of the COVID-19 alert system.
Under Alert Level 2, the safety and wellbeing of our customers and team members will continue to be our utmost priority alongside maintaining safe, compliant and reliable operations. Two-metre physical distancing and additional hygiene measures will continue to be in place and our Wild Bean Cafe seating areas will remain closed.
As we continue to follow physical distancing guidelines, please remember the BPMe App as an option to quickly pay for fuel from your vehicle and for the safety of all our customers and team members, if you’re not feeling well, please stay home.
bp Connect sites will offer these products and services:
- Fuel: Our bp Connect network across the country will remain open to provide fuel for all New Zealanders for when and where they need it.
- Convenience items: Convenience shop items will continue to be available at our stores. Packaged food, drink and convenience items will also be available on Uber Eats from 34 bp Connect stores as a contactless delivery option.
- Wild Bean Cafe: Wild Bean Cafe coffee and our full hot and cold drinks range will be available. Our sites are now starting to offer our full Wild Bean Cafe menu. Our Wild Bean Cafe seating areas remain closed.
- BPMe coffee pre-pay and pre-order: We are encouraging the use of the BPMe App to pre-order and pre-pay for coffee with pick-up from the in-store counters or nightpay window. For everyone's safety, we ask you to please adhere to our physical distancing measures by queueing in the marked locations.
- Krispy Kreme: From Friday 15 May, our full range of Krispy Kreme will be available at bp Connect stores with Good Mood Food.
- Uber Eats: Wild Bean Cafe pies, muffins and coffee, as well as a range of convenience items will be available to purchase from 34 bp Connect stores and delivered to your door, via Uber Eats as a contactless delivery option.
- LPG: Our LPG swap a bottle offer is available.
- Car wash: Our car wash service is available. To support water conservation efforts in Auckland, our bp Connect car washes in Auckland are temporarily closed - details here.
- Toilets: In store toilets with hand washing facilities are open.
- AA Smartfuel: Every day during May, you can get 10 cents off per litre when using BPMe with AA Smartfuel. bp and all other AA Smartfuel partners have extended the expiry of all AA Smartfuel discounts due to expire at the end of April until 11.59pm on 31 May 2020, unless redeemed prior.
We are regularly communicating with our team on how best to protect our customers and themselves through our updated cleaning and sanitising plan.
- Additional hygiene and social distancing measures will be in place including safety screens at transaction counters, floor markings and restrictions on people numbers instore at any one time.
- Increasing sanitising procedures in store and on the forecourt, ensuring team members are washing their hands regularly, frequently cleaning and changing tongs, wiping EFTPOS terminals, fuel pump and dispenser handles with disinfectant and making paper towels available beside each pump.
- Team members are following social distancing guidelines and wearing gloves when appropriate.
- Hand sanitiser is available in prominent locations in store and our in store toilets with hand washing facilities are open.
- We are not currently accepting reusable cups. Our Wild Bean Cafe cups are commercially compostable.
Other bp businesses
Throughout each level of the COVID-19 Alert system, we continue to provide our dealer partners with relevant information to support the continued safe operations of their sites.
bp Truckstops remain open.
Air bp continues to provide essential aviation refuelling services.
Castrol provides lubricants in line with respective lifelines utilities provider responsibilities.