BP’s support for the National Guard, Reserve and other veterans
BP is proud to support military personnel both during and after their time in uniform. BP has been recognized by various agencies; it has received the Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award, the highest recognition the U.S government gives to employers for supporting workers who serve in the Guard or the Reserve. In addition, G.I. Jobs magazine has designated BP America as a “Military Friendly Employer,” while U.S. Veterans Magazine has named it one of America’s “Best of the Best Top Veteran Friendly Companies.” Beyond its own workforce, BP helps veterans cross America transition back into civilian life. For Example, its contributions to adaptive sports – including Paralympic programs and events such as he Warrior Games – help injured or disabled veterans with the process of rehabilitation and reintegration. Meanwhile, through its support for the Hiring Our Heroes initiative, BP makes it easier for veterans, transitioning service members, and military spouses to find meaningful employment. The company also partners with Student Veterans of America to provide scholarships for veterans pursing STEM careers, and its Military Placement Program gives veterans the opportunity to hold a six-month paid position with BP’s marketing and trading business.
Military placement programme
Integrated supply and trading (IST) has developed a placement program that gives top military leavers the opportunity to gain commercial experience within our organization. If successful in gaining a place on the program, you’ll complete a six month paid placement in which you’ll receive all the training and development you’ll need to deliver
Supporting veterans through mentoring
BP is proud to have partnered with American Corporate Partners (ACP), a national, non-profit organization dedicated to helping military veterans transition to the private sector through one on one mentoring. BP America recognizes the challenges faced by today’s veterans transiting into civilian life, but it sees the value veterans bring to communities across America. BP employees are paired with veterans in a yearlong partnership to assist with career development through mentorship, networking and career guidance. BP is committed to more than a pledge to hire veterans; we’re committing to helping veterans find careers, stay active no matter their physical abilities, and to continue serving their communities as leaders and inspirations for the nation.
Recognition of BP's commitment
BP is honored to have been recognized for our efforts in supporting veterans both inside and outside of the company.
- In 2016, BP was honored to be recognized as a Military Friendly Employer in GI Jobs Magazine.
- U.S. Veterans Magazine named BP a 2017 “Best of the Best” Top Veteran-Friendly Companies for the second time.
- BP has also been named a 2015 ESGR Secretary of Defense Freedom Award Finalist.
- BP America was named as one of three 2015 ESGR Pro Patria Award winners in the state of Texas.
- BP recently renewed its statement of support with the Employer Support for the Guard and Reserve (ESGR). ESGR, an office of the U.S. Department of Defense, promotes cooperation and understanding between reserve service members and their civilian employers.
- In 2014, the Texas Committee for Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve gave their “Above and Beyond Award” to BP America for the company’s exceptional support of employees still serving in the National Guard and Reserve.
- In 2013, the USOC recognized BP’s commitment to U.S. Paralympics with its Paralympic Amazing Impact Award, an honor given annually to organizations that raise awareness and support for the U.S. Paralympic movement.