This course covers installation and configuration of Omni flow computers for use as Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) Remote Telemetry Units (RTUs.) Also covered are the latest applicable codes and standards for pipeline control applications. Students have the opportunity to interact with a working GE 90-30 PLC and Omni flow computer to troubleshoot typical field scenarios.
Codes & standards
Communications between control platform levels:
- Communication architecture
- Communication data & command handling
- Approved software development tools
- Access and maintainability
- Discrete I/O
- Analog I/O
- Metering & prover controls
- PID control
Management of change (MoC) procedures for computer-based control systems
Secure remote access to Omni computers:
- Approved methods
- Ground rules for remote technical support
- Requirements for initiating a remote access session
CPU battery maintenance
Want to learn more?
The video (above) by automationnc provides an introduction to PLC ladder logic.