Pumps and motors facilitate the movement of product through pipelines and facilities that is needed to meet the needs of refineries, terminals and customers. A wide variety of pumps and motor combinations are used based upon the specific requirements of each individual pipeline or process. The proper installation, operation and maintenance of pumps and motors helps to ensure safe, reliable and efficient operations of pipelines, refineries and terminals.
- Pump types and configurations
- Pump characteristics and performance curves
- Pump operation and maintenance
- Bearing types, operation and maintenance
- Seal types, operation and maintenance
- Pump and motor laser alignment
Want to learn more?
Students develop and demonstrate skills and knowledge of pump operation and maintenance activities using common tools and techniques.