Community & Social Investment Strategy
BP Angola’s Social and Community Investment programme is part of our commitment to contribute to the development of Angola. BP invests in programmes that are sustainably supporting the enhancement of human capital in Angolan communities and institutions.
BP social investment strategy centres on the following pillars:
- Education & Capacity Building
- Enterprise Development
- Institutional capability
Other community specific issues such as Poverty Reduction, Social Inclusion, Health and Environmental Conservation are also considered within the framework of the two focus areas above.
WHAT WE SUPPORT
BP supports proposals which meet the following criteria
- trengthening technical / professional capabilities
- The development of Angolan institutions
- Developing capability at the community level
- Projects aligned with priorities and strategies of local communities and Government
- Projects that can demonstrate sustainable impact
- Ownership of initiatives held locally by the beneficiaries
WHAT WE DO NOT SUPPORT
- Pay post implementation operational costs (e.g., salaries, maintenance)
- Make political contributions
- Individual personal requests
- Sponsor Arts, Sports or Cultural projects
To contact us, please email:
BP Angola and ADRA
In Dombe Grande, a rural farming region in Benguela Province, BP has funded a project run by agricultural capacity building NGO ADRA. The project offers micro-financing and organizational support to a farming co-operative in the area and has been making great strides in the past few years.
BP Angola supporting NGOs
In this story we spend time with two BP funded Angolan NGOs who are helping unlock potential in the fields of professional development and agriculture
BP Angola and the Development Workshop-HD
Meet Maria and Jose, two up and coming twenty-something Luandans, who have benefitted from NGO Development Workshop’s professional internship programmes, helping them launch promising careers in the fields of law and medical technology.