All applicants must complete in full a standard BP Franchise/ Dealership application form
Mandatory supporting documents
For an application to be considered, the Applicant is required to:
- Fully complete a standard application form
- Submit a detailed business plan with 5 year cash flow projection
- ID copies for all shareholders
- Company registration documents
An application thus consists of a standard application form, a detailed business plan, and the Agreement of Sale/ Offer to Purchase document.
Incomplete Application forms without all supporting documents will automatically be rejected
All completed applications must be emailed to Wendy Mazibuko - Wendy.Mazibuko@bp.com
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to present their business plan to a panel.
- Security checks will be conducted on shortlisted candidates.
- Shortlisted applicants will be required to go for psychometrics assessments
- Costs for the assessments will be borne by the applicant.
Competency Based Panel Interview
Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend a competency-based panel interview after successfully completing the assessments.
- A successful applicant will be appointed
- Appointed applicant will be required to attend a compulsory 5 weeks Dealer Training programme.
- Costs for the training will be borne by the applicants.
Please note the following:
BP is committed to the empowerment of Historically Disadvantaged South Africans as catered for in the South African Petroleum and Liquid Fuels Industry charter, and in this regard will always give preference to such individuals.
We strongly recommend that all interested parties, visit the DoE website at http://www.doe.gov.za/ to obtain the relevant information around licensing requirements, and make an informed decision before attempting to acquire a service station. For more information on becoming a franchisee, write to: The Retail Business Partnership Manager PO Box 1554 Johannesburg 2000 Tel: (011) 488 5203/5730