Internship and co-op opportunities
Work on real world projects, learn about our industry and see how we’re meeting the world’s growing energy needs
Our paid summer internships last anytime from 8-12 weeks. Co-op programs, which typically occur during the academic year, may run longer.
- If you intend to complete a Bachelor’s degree, you’ll be eligible the summer between your third and fourth year.
- If you’re going on for a Master’s degree, you would typically be considered in the summer between completing your Bachelor’s degree and starting your Master’s programme.
In engineering, you could work on projects to develop pipelines and help create innovations that harness alternative energy. In science, you might be involved in exploring for new reserves or developing cleaner fuels. Or in business, you could gain broad exposure to a variety of functions – and crucial business decisions.
Business & Trading
Intern and co-op rewards and benefits
Not all Interships and co-ops are created equal. Nowhere is that more evident than at BP. From savings plans equal to those for our full-time employees, to corporate housing, to relocation assistance, we make sure our interns and co-ops have what they need for their experience, so they can focus on being successful in their roles.
For more detailed information, please visit our LifeBenefits website.
Healthcare – Choose the best fit you
- Medical care – three options available.
Life – Coverage that suits you
- BP short-term disability plan.
- Basic life/accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance.
- Occupational accidental death (OAD) plan.
Save – Plan for tomorrow, beginning today
- BP employee savings plan – we match the percentage of your eligible pay you contribute by up to 7%.
- Non-contributory BP retirement accumulation plan – giving monthly pay credits and interest credits that increase with service.
Training and development
Each year, approximately 400 interns and co-ops join us in areas across our business segments. When you become a part of BP, you’ll work alongside some of the best, most knowledgeable people in the business and get involved in live projects and operations using the latest technology. You’ll pick up experience and skills that will launch you into a successful career, all while earning a competitive salary and learning about the real world of energy.