Our experienced team, which includes leading traders and analysts, offers global perspective with local expertise to help us identify changing market dynamics.
Our oil trading business is organized by key product lines:
- The Global Crude team that trades all the different crude oil grades.
- The Global Gasoil Fuel Oil (GOFO) team, trade both distillates (Jet, Kerosene, Gasoil, Diesel and distillate components) and residuals, including residual fuels and refinery feeds, namely mainly HSFO (high sulphur Fuel Oil), LSFO (low sulphur Fuel Oil), Atmospheric Residuals and VGO (Vacuum Gasoil).
- The Global Light Ends team that trades LPG, naphtha and the numerous Gasoline grades and components.
We traded 4 billion barrels of oil in 2016, which is equivalent to 20% of global traded oil and we deliver enough oil each year to fuel 106 million car journeys around the equator.
- Leverage BP’s global assets and expertise to help producers to maximize value and raise capital in exchange for physical flows of hydrocarbons through marketing and offtake contracts.
- Create innovative structures for clients – physical, risk management and financing.
- Provide tailor made solutions working in the M&A space and supporting:
- Start-ups with projects that require acquisition financing.
- Established E&P companies to develop greenfield assets.
- Build long term partnerships.