We’ve built one of the most experienced power marketing and origination teams in the energy marketplace with the breadth, scope and sophistication necessary to deliver better informed solutions and full-service products to a comprehensive group of customers, including utilities, municipalities, cooperatives, generation companies and financial institutions.
Power marketing & origination capabilities
- Asset-driven expertise – BP markets and trades wholesale physical and financial power with demonstrated expertise to manage BP’s own requirements and support third-party power customers.
- Financial strength – Backed by BP’s robust balance sheet, we have a substantial credit appetite and can structure creative hedging solutions that meet the fuel, power and credit needs of our power customers.
- Strong power footprint – Deep knowledge of the transmission grid across various markets, which enable the scheduling and optimizing of thousands of MWs of proprietary and third-party solar, gas and wind power generation.
- Expansive presence – Transact across every North American ISO and are expanding our capabilities into smaller regional power markets.
- Proven leadership – Ranked among the top 20* wholesale and retail power marketers with scheduled volumes of power for BP and retail energy providers that exceeds 3500 MWs. We are among the top 5 of all non-utility participants!
Power marketing & origination services
We deliver solutions in all 8 ISOs across the US and Canada. We offer fully-integrated, cross-commodity services with the ability to supply fuel, purchase generation, hedge risk, and manage emissions. This includes:
- Energy management agreements.
- Tolling arrangements.
- ISO management.
- Emission management.
- 24/7 transmission scheduling.
- Power purchase agreements.
- Power supply agreements.
- Gas-power exchange.
- Credit facilitation.
- Regulatory insight.
- Hedging wind, solar and hydro renewable exposure.
- Customized delivery scheduled, including hourly load-shaping products.
- Heat rate options, physical and financial.
- Short and long-term fixed price energy sales.
- Other price/risk management products.