Production & Operations
Job Family Group:
bp Technical Solutions India (TSI) center in Pune, aims to build on bp’s existing engineering and technical strengths to deliver high quality services to its hydrocarbons and new energy businesses worldwide! TSI brings together diverse engineering capability to provide technical services across a range of areas including engineering, maintenance, optimization, data processes, projects and subsurface, to deliver safe, affordable, and lower emission energy, while continuously innovating how we work.
We are looking for a Subsea Controls Engineer, who will provide subsea controls engineering expertise and judgement in support of engineering risk, integrity management and delivery of safe, compliant, and efficient operations.
What you will deliver
- Provide subsea controls engineering expertise as the owner for the global subsea controls’ equipment condition monitoring data and tools.
- Lead in the delivery and maintenance of global digital tools to progress continuous improvement of subsea controls support (e.g. data gathering and data analysis, equipment dashboards, risk analysis tools, database management, data visualization, etc.).
- Support global offshore production operations with identifying control system anomalies through a standard set of monitoring tools and dashboards.
- Prepare, review, and endorse controls-related, plans, procedures and metrics and intervene where appropriate.
- Prepare and maintain global equipment strategies for subsea controls equipment
- Provide controls engineering support to annual integrity reviews, fit for service barrier evaluations and incident investigations.
- Support regions to maintain the documents and data for the assigned subsea Equipment class.
- Integrate with associated teams outside of subsea discipline to ensure adequate equipment care, including Instrumentation, controls and electrical (topside controls) engineering, reservoir engineering, mechanical, pressure integrity, production chemistry, and facility engineering.
- Record relevant failures/learning in the shared learning systems, incorporate into reliability data reporting/global activities specifications/practices/procedures and share with controls community, call out high priority lessons.
What you will need to be successful
Must have education / certifications:
- Degree qualified in a relevant science or engineering field
Minimum years of relevant experience
- Years of experience: 5 – 10 years
Must have experience / skills (to be hired with):
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in control systems within operations; with a focus on diagnosing issues, risk assessment, engineering assessment, failure investigation, fitness for service, inspection and monitoring and repair.
- Ability to review and understand electrical schematic and controls P&IDs.
- Experience of using data analytical platforms to analyze data and develop automated condition monitoring reports and dashboards.
- Track record of owning personal safety performance improvements and driving positive safety culture and behaviors.
- Setting clear direction, providing space/support, and encouraging others through continuous sharing/updating business context.
- Strong communicator, able to succinctly clarify status and issues and collaborate with multiple parties to promote ‘one team’ performance.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English fluently, to perform essential job functions
- Experience of engaging, managing, and building collaborative trust-based relationships with team members and suppliers
- Proven track record to understand, communicate sophisticated issues, lead resolution and disputes
- Ability and willingness to travel by helicopter or boat to offshore facilities when needed
Good to have experiences / skills (can be trained for – learning / on the job):
- Chartered Engineer
- Experience in subsea production operations.
- Deep understanding of subsea controls equipment
- Familiar with Controls related industry specifications: API 17F, API 14C, API 14F, IEC 61508 SIL requirements.
- Familiar with power and communication calculations in vendor analysis report.
- Basic understanding of program logic and software program language.
- Have experience in electrical and hydraulic analysis tools.
- Ability to work under own initiative and set strategic goals
Up to 10% travel should be expected with this role
This role is eligible for relocation within country
This position is not available for remote working
Anomaly assessment and management, Defect Elimination, Equipment criticality assessment, Equipment maintenance and inspection strategies, FAT and commissioning, Fatigue Analysis, Fitness for Service, Flanged joint, Integrity Management, Mechanical seals and support systems, Monitoring and data interpretation, Piping, hoses and tubing, Piping vibration, Pressure systems regulatory requirements, Pressure Vessels, Selection and design of pipeline equipment, Stress analysis for integrity and leakage, Valves used for isolation, Wind Turbines
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, socioeconomic status, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning, veteran status or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation related to bp’s recruiting process (e.g., accessing the job application, completing required assessments, participating in telephone screenings or interviews, etc.). If you would like to request an accommodation related to the recruitment process, please contact us to request accommodations.
If you are selected for a position and depending upon your role, your employment may be contingent upon adherence to local policy. This may include pre-placement drug screening, medical review of physical fitness for the role, and background checks.