We are rolling out rapid charging infrastructure across our network with power outputs from 75KW, being upgraded to 150KW. We have higher output installations in our plans.
Our charging points are equipped with either CCS2 or CHAdeMO plugs, which are designed to be compatible with most modern electric vehicles.
Some vehicles lock the charge connector into the charging port to prevent unauthorised tampering.
Here are some tips if you're having trouble disconnecting your car after you've finished charging:
1. Check the charger's digital screen to ensure the charge session has finished. Stop the session via the app or by using the "stop charge" button on the unit.
2. Press the stop charge or release cable button on your vehicle infotainment screen or vehicle charging socket.
3. Try locking and unlocking your vehicle using your keys.
4. Check whether your vehicle has an emergency cable release feature. You will find details of this in the vehicle manual from the manufacturer.
5. Call your vehicle manufacturer to provide over the phone or roadside assistance.
If none of the above works, please call our 24/7 customer service team on 0800 002 788, and we'll do our best to help.
bp charge will aim to be market competitive, with our pricing to reflect our offer and our charging speeds.
Our initial pricing will be $0.70 per kWh with our 75 kW charging points.
That reflects the initial installation of bp EV rapid charging points, which have an initial charging speed of 75kW, with the capacity to be upgraded to 150 kW.
A bp charge card is an RFID card that can be used to start EV charging sessions across our charging network.
You need to have the latest version of the bp charge app, have a valid payment method saved (debit or credit card only) and have registered your bp charge card before you can start using it.
Please note that this is not a payment card.
To use your bp charge card, you need to have a valid payment method, debit card or credit card, saved to your account settings within the bp charge app. This payment method will be used when you charge your vehicle at one of our bp charge locations.
Please note that Apple Pay and Google Pay cannot be used with the bp charge card.
Yes, the min operating systems are below