To strengthen its diverse international workforce, BP looks for the best engineering and geoscience students and graduates from the leading universities across Europe
The next BP company presentation in Leoben will be in 2019.
Thank you for attending the presentation on 8 October 2018!
Graduates from Leoben are invited to apply for BP's UK Early Development Programme. The usual starting point for Leoben Graduates is either Aberdeen (North Sea centre) or London (International exploration and production centre in Sunbury), with the possibility of an overseas posting later in their career.
There will be a limited number of vacancies for Geoscience and Petroleum engineering graduates for a start date in 2019. You might also be interested in Subsurface information management or a Business or Trading role.
Students can apply for office based summer internships in the UK, typically lasting 11 weeks, which also might offer an opportunity for a student's Masters project.
Depending on your performance and a final presentation at the end of your internship, you might even be able to secure a job offer from BP before you even finish your final academic year!
Application process for internships and graduate positions
Online applications for graduate opportunities and internships usually open in mid-September and close as soon as vacancies have been filled. Apply early to increase your chances!
- Apply online: Feel free to browse the BP careers website to find out more about the opportunities BP has to offer before you apply. When you are ready:
- start with the degree matcher selecting United Kingdom,
- then choose your preferred opportunity and fill out the online application form.
- You will also be asked to complete online situational judgement, numerical and verbal tests soon after you submit the form.
- Interviews: Following a successful phone interview with HR, we will invite you to a face to face technical interview in the UK.
- Assessment centre: Focusing on behavioural aspects, you will be working as part of a small team on a business simulation exercise in which you will have to deal with a series of problems.
- Job offers: are made shortly after the assessment centres. Most graduates join BP in autumn, but occasionally we can accommodate alternative start dates.
Always wanted to see where you could be working? Why not visit our offices in Aberdeen or London (Sunbury)?
Apply from the end of September for one of the Discovery days taking place in April and June!