1.1 Thank you for registering and setting up your account for the bp pulse network in Australia, a service giving you access to the bp pulse network of electric vehicle charging points (bp pulse network) as provided by bp Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 53 004 085 616) (“bp pulse”, “us” or “our”).
1.2 The terms and conditions set out or referred to below (“Terms”) apply to the services provided through the bp pulse Websites (“Websites”) and/or smartphone applications (“Apps”) now and in the future for use in Australia, in connection with your access to and use of charging points on the bp pulse network to charge an electric vehicle (“Services”).
1.3 Before using the Services, you should read these Terms carefully. They contain important information about the steps you must take to keep your account secure, restrictions on using the Services, how we or you can end the Services and our limitations on our liability to you. If you do not agree to these Terms, you must not access, or must stop accessing, the Services.
1.4 If you have any questions about these Terms or wish to notify us of any of the matters referred to in these terms, please contact bp pulse by email at email@example.com. You can also contact us by telephone on 1 300 002 738.
1.5 The Services include:
1.6 Use of the Services is subject to our approval, at our discretion, and may only be available to eligible customers.
1.7 As detailed below, the Terms incorporate our privacy statement, privacy collection notice, bp pulse and third party terms and conditions referred to below, and updates made to the Terms in the future.
2.1 To use the Services, you must:
2.2 You must ensure that all information that you provide when you create an Account and use the Websites and/or Apps is accurate, up to date and not misleading.
2.3 You may incur and are solely responsible for charges from your mobile phone network operator for downloading and using the Apps, Websites and Services.
2.4 When you are at a bp forecourt you may only use your mobile device for any purpose, including accessing the Services, while in your stationary vehicle or inside the bp store.
3.1 When you set up your Account, you will be required to create an Account password. We will ask you for your name, email address, postal address, phone number and payment credentials and you must provide accurate and complete information in response to these questions.
3.2 You are responsible for ensuring that:
3.3 You agree that bp pulse is under no obligation to check that any instruction or confirmation made through your Account is from you and that bp pulse is not liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to keep your password and passcode secure.
3.4 You must notify bp pulse by email at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible if:
3.5 You acknowledge that bp pulse will not have any obligation to notify your bank of fraudulent or unauthorised charge activity or to take any action on your behalf.
3.6 bp pulse may enforce or implement any security measures it deems appropriate at any time and may update and add security measures to the Websites and/or Apps at its discretion at any time.
3.7 Security of your Account is important to bp pulse. However, bp pulse cannot guarantee that the Websites and/or Apps will always be available, fault-free and secure or that they will be free from viruses or other harmful programs. You acknowledge that you are aware of and accept this risk including, without limitation, the risk that a third party may gain access to your Account which contains personal and confidential information.
5.1 bp pulse owns or has obtained a valid licence to use all copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights in connection with the Websites and/or Apps, and the provision of the Services. All rights of ownership over and in respect of these will remain solely with bp pulse and/or its licensors (as the case may be).
5.2 Any use of the Websites and/or Apps in any manner not permitted under these Terms including, without limitation, resale, transfer, modification or distribution of all or part of the Websites and/or Apps is prohibited.
5.3 bp pulse is not required to provide any documentation, support, telephone assistance, enhancements or updates to the Websites and/or Apps.
6.1 bp pulse may use third party applications, services and software in order to support your use of the bp pulse network including, but not limited to, payment services, identity management services, location and map services software, market analytics software, market intelligence software, and rewards software, all of which may gather and report information about you in connection with your use of the Websites and/or Apps (such as location information, device information and user content). When you use the Websites and/or Apps you are agreeing to bp pulse’s use of such third-party software and services.
6.2 In some circumstances, we may use third party debt collection agencies to recover any sums due to us on termination. By using the Websites and/or Apps, you are agreeing to bp pulse’s use of third-party debt collection agencies and the sharing of necessary billing and payment-related information for that purpose, subject to the terms of our privacy notice.
7.1 By registering to use the Services, you will have access to charge your plug-in electric vehicle on all public charging points registered to the bp pulse network as displayed on the Websites and/or Apps
7.2 bp pulse does not guarantee the performance nor continuous availability of charging points on the bp pulse network. Although problems are rare, from time to time they do happen. Service from charging points on the bp pulse network can be interrupted for a number of reasons including cellular telecommunications issues, grid connection and other electrical issues as well as other matters that are not within bp pulse’s control. We try to resolve issues on the bp pulse network as soon as possible after becoming aware of them.
7.3 Whilst bp pulse strives to provide the most accurate information possible through the Websites and the Apps, including through the Live Map, we cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information provided as it can be affected by telecommunications issues, grid faults or other matters that are not within bp pulse’s control. The Live Map displays information about each charging point that is received on an intermittent basis by cellular communications provided by a third party. Neither bp pulse nor any third-party service provider guarantees that the information displayed through the Live Map is correct or up to date.
7.4 You agree that you will use all charging points safely and with reasonable care and skill.
7.5 You agree that you will not use the Apps while you are driving.
8.1 All bp pulse network users can use the Live Map.
8.2 The Live Map uses the location services provided by your mobile device’s native operating system for the purposes of helping you to locate a charging point site. To use the Live Map, you need to consent to bp pulse and/or the third-party service provider, who is providing the location and map services embedded in the Website and/or Apps, accessing information about your current location by enabling location services through the permission system used by your computer or mobile device’s native operating system.
9.1 In order to request the closure of your Account please contact bp pulse by email at email@example.com, or simply follow the ‘Delete your account’ feature in the app.
9.2 bp pulse reserves the right to suspend or immediately cancel your access to the bp pulse network, any of the Services, any functionality of the Website and/or Apps, or your specific Account, with or without cause or notice, at any time.
9.3 Where bp pulse suspends or cancels your Account as a result of you breaching these Terms, you will not be permitted to create a new account to circumvent the suspension or cancellation.
9.4 From the date of suspension or cancellation of your Account, you shall not be able to access the bp pulse network for the purposes of charging your electric vehicle.
9.5 All provisions of the Terms that by their nature should survive termination will survive termination including, without limitation, ownership provisions, indemnities and limitations of liability.
10.1 bp pulse may change the format, content and/or functionality of all or any part of the Website and/or Apps at any time. If bp pulse needs to undertake any maintenance activity you may not be able to use all or part of the Website and Apps whilst bp pulse completes this activity but bp pulse will seek to minimise any time the Website and Apps are unavailable for use.
10.2 Updates to the Apps may be issued from time to time. Depending on the update, you may not be able to use all or part of the Apps until you have downloaded the latest version of the Apps and accepted any new terms or downloaded and updated your phone’s software or operating system. If your phone is unable to update to the operating system required for any new version of the Apps, you may no longer be able to use the Apps
11.1 bp pulse is providing the Services and the Websites and the Apps to you ‘as is’ and you are using all aspects of the Services at your own risk. To the extent permitted by law, all warranties and conditions whether express, implied or statutory with respect to the Services and the use of the Websites and/or the Apps are excluded.
11.2 The limitations of liability in this clause apply for the benefit of bp pulse, its affiliates and all of its respective officers, directors, employees, agents or any company who they may transfer its rights and obligations to from time to time.
11.3 Except for any legal responsibility that bp pulse cannot exclude in law, bp pulse is not legally responsible to you for the following:
11.4 Nothing in these Terms shall limit or exclude bp pulse’s liability for death or personal injury caused by something bp pulse has done or failed to do or for any fraudulent misrepresentation bp pulse makes to you.
11.5 You will be responsible to bp pulse for any claims, costs, damages, losses, liabilities, expenses or legal proceedings brought against bp pulse by any other person as a result of your use of the bp pulse network, any unauthorised access to your Account and/or your use of the Website and/or Apps in breach of these Terms or any third party terms (see clause 6 above).
11.6 You acknowledge that the Websites and Apps are provided at no charge and accordingly the exclusions of liability and indemnity set out in this clause are fair and reasonable.
11.7 This clause will continue to apply after these Terms have expired or have been terminated.
12.1 Subject to the remainder of this clause, bp pulse may amend these Terms from time to time by publishing an updated version on the Websites and in the Apps. Please check the terms published on the Websites and in the Apps periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Websites and/or Apps following publication of updated Terms confirms your acceptance of the updated Terms.
12.2 The changes bp pulse can make to these Terms, without your authorisation, are limited to the following:
12.3 bp pulse will notify you and request your confirmation if necessary, via the Websites and/or the Apps, that you agree to the updated Terms if the updated Terms incorporate any other changes not listed above. Your continued use of the Services including the Website and the Apps will be deemed to provide confirmation that you agree to the updated Terms.
13.1 You must comply with any additional terms and conditions, or instructions from bp pulse, brought to your attention in the Websites and/or the Apps when you are setting up your Account or using the Websites and/or the Apps.
13.2 You agree that:
13.3 If any provision of these Terms is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited or removed to the minimum extent necessary so that these Terms will otherwise remain in full force and effect. The failure of bp pulse to exercise any right shall not be deemed a waiver of that right or any other rights that bp pulse may have.
13.4 These Terms represent the entire terms and conditions in relation to the use of the Services and, except to the extent that they are granted under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), all other representations, guarantees, undertakings, promises (wether written or verbal, express or implied) are excluded.
13.5 These Terms are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Victoria, Australia. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria, Australia.
1. These Terms and Conditions provide information on how to enter and redeem the bp pulse discount as part of the AGL pilot offer (“Offer”) for AGL NSW & VIC NightSaver EV customers. Participation in this Offer by a person (“Entrant”) is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The promoter is BP Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 53 004 085 616), whose registered office is situated at Level 17, 717 Bourke Street, Docklands, Victoria 3008. (“Promoter”).
3. The Offer is a discount of 5c/kWh off each bp pulse rapid electric vehicle charging session by the Entrant in Australia during the Offer Period. The discount applies at all bp pulse charging point locations in Australia, and applies on the full price of the bp pulse rapid charging session at the time of transaction.
4. The Offer commences at 12:01am on Thursday 10 August 2023 and expires at 11:59pm on Wednesday 31 January 2024 (“Offer Period”).
5. The Offer is subject to any variation to the Terms and Conditions reasonably imposed and notified in writing to the Entrant by the Promoter, including in respect of the Offer Period.
6. The Offer is only available to Entrants who are customers of AGL Energy Limited (ABN 74 115 061 375) (or a related body corporate of that company) (“AGL”) and who:
(a) have successfully signed up to the AGL NightSaver EV Plan, including having submitted the AGL Offer Consent Form located on AGL’s website https://next.agl.com.au/agl-bp-pulse-registration
(b) are aged 18 years or over;
(c) reside in the State of New South Wales or Victoria in Australia;
(d) have downloaded and installed the bp pulse app and created a bp pulse account, using the same contact details as the Entrant used when signing up to the AGL NightSaver EV Offer; and
(e) have agreed to and accepted both the Terms and Conditions applicable to the bp pulse app, and these Terms and Conditions applicable to the Offer.
7. Limit of one (1) Offer redemption per bp pulse account per transaction.
8. No retrospective discounts can be applied if an Entrant has failed to successfully register to be eligible for the Offer at the time the relevant transaction occurs.
9. The Offer is not transferable, changeable or redeemable for cash.
10. The Promoter is not responsible for any restrictions or other obligations on the Entrant as set out in the terms and conditions agreed between the Entrant and AGL in respect of the AGL NightSaver EV Plan (or otherwise); and the Entrant agrees that they are fully responsible for ensuring that all such AGL terms and conditions are fully complied with.
11. The Offer only becomes claimable by the Entrant after the Promoter has confirmed in writing to the Entrant that the Entrant is eligible to participate in the Offer. The Promoter will notify the Entrant in writing by email to the email address registered by the Entrant with both AGL and bp once the Entrant entry has been processed and the Offer discount has been applied to the Entrant’s bp pulse account.
12. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud; the Promoter reserves the right, in its reasonable discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law and subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the offer, as appropriate.
13. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter and its agents take no responsibility for any failure of any entry to be entered into the Offer due to, without limitation, technical malfunction or human error. To the extent outside the Promoter's reasonable control, the Promoter and its agents are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected or incorrectly submitted submissions. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
14. The Promoter is not responsible for any tax implications arising from you receiving the Offer.
(a) how you can seek access to the personal information the Promoter holds and seek the correction of such information; and
(b) how you can complain about a breach of privacy and how the Promoter will deal with such a complaint.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to deem an entry as void should the entrant fail to comply with the Terms and Conditions applicable to the AGL NightSaver EV Plan, the bp pulse app, or the Offer.
17. Any questions relating to this promotion should be referred to firstname.lastname@example.org.