We are now closed for graduate and intern applications for our 2018 campaign. Applications for our BP Oman 2019 campaign will reopen in March 2019.
We’re one of the leading specialists in the production of tight gas, so we’re able to draw on our innovative technology and incomparable expertise to unlock the potential of these reservoirs. In 2013 we signed an agreement with the Government of the Sultanate of Oman which has resulted in our largest project, the development of the Khazzan gas field in the south of Block 61. There, we’ll be drilling around 300 new wells over 15 years and producing about one billion cubic feet of gas per day. It’s a tough technical challenge. But by harnessing our unique strengths, together our 500 strong team always find a way to deliver. Our activities in Oman don’t stop there, we are also involved in:
Our industry moves at a rapid pace. That’s why we stay in front of the latest developments by making investments in our people as often as we invest in technology. Each year, we are committed to developing exceptional people, including curious, ambitious and academically strong graduates like you.
Rewards and benefits
- A competitive salary based on the experience you bring and your academic achievements
- Share schemes and share Value Plan (SVP)
- Pension plan
- Private medical insurance and health screening
- Generous holiday and vacation allowance
- Access to a health club and sports facilities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Undergraduate degree in a discipline relevant to your chosen field
- Minimum GPA of 2.75
- The interest, passion and determination it takes to flourish
Every year, we invite interns to join us for our paid engineering, science and business internships. Our two month structured vacation internship programme runs from runs during the summer. Offering a whole host of opportunities for creative and inquisitive individuals, these internships give you a great chance to start learning and growing with us as you work on some of the most exciting and technically challenging projects our industry has to offer.
Rewards and benefits
- A competitive salary and allowances
- Personal development and training
- Support in investing in our communities
- Be in your penultimate year of study, or have recently graduated with a relevant degree
- Strong academic record with a minimum GPA of 3
- Passion for and commitment to responsible energy
Intern application process
View our application process so that you know what to expect at each step.
Take a look at our hints and tips from graduates and the recruitment team.
Our main office is located in Madinat Qaboos, a vibrant locality close to the coast of Muscat where employees can enjoy a wide range of facilities including an opera house, theatre and a cinema. The office has a modern design with an open plan structure. Employees can enjoy free lunch and have access to an on-site clinic.