The Environmental and Socio-Economic Impact Assessment (ESIA) prepared for the 3D Seismic Survey to be undertaken in Block D230 with one acquisition line extending beyond the block boundary
BP announces that as part of the Block D230 exploration work programme the draft Block D230 Seismic Survey Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) document has been produced and published by BP on behalf of the Contractor Parties.
Block D230 production sharing agreement was signed in 2018 for the joint exploration and development in the North Absheron basin in the Azerbaijan sector of the Caspian Sea. The draft ESIA examines the potential environmental and socio-economic impacts of the three-dimensional seismic acquisition activities planned to be conducted in the contract area and describes the recommended mitigation measures.
The seismic survey is expected to cover the area of 3,200 square kilometers in a water depth between 100 and 800 meters.
The overall objective of the acquisition programme is to collect geophysical data for the prospects in the North Absheron Basin, and identify geological structures containing hydrocarbons
The ESIA process aims to ensure that any adverse environmental and socio-economic impacts arising from the proposed works are identified and minimised, and, where possible, eliminated.
Consultation with stakeholders is an important element of the ESIA process. Collating and documenting the opinions of potentially affected people and interested parties ensures that the project design and the ESIA reflect the collective views of key stakeholders.
Your views and opinions on the draft ESIA are welcomed.
Since 1 February 2019, copies of these documents have also been placed in the following locations for public review:
- BP Xazar Centre Office reception, 153 Neftchilar avenue
- M.F. Akhundov Public Library, 29 Khagani street
- The Central Library of the Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences, 31 Huseyn Javid street
- The Library of the Azerbaijan State University of Oil and Industry, 20 Azadlig avenue
- Aarhus Public Environmental Information Centre, MENR, 100a Bahram Agayev street
- Baku Book Centre, 5 Uzeyir Hacibeyli street, 2 Gogol street
- Libraf Book Store, 186 Hüseyn Cavid avenue (Mirvari Park kompleksi, D Bloku)
- The Library of Baku Higher Oil School, the main building in Bibiheybat
Please send your comments and feedback to Saadat Gaffarova, BP’s Regulations and Permitting Team Leader:
e- mail: email@example.com;
tel.: (012) 599 43 29 or (055) 2259013