February 27, 2018
Group Chief Executive Bob Dudley will join other top BP leaders at IHS CERAWeek, the energy industry’s premier annual gathering of executives, government officials, innovators and other leaders.
Chaired by renowned energy expert Daniel Yergin, CERAWeek 2018 will take place in Houston from March 5-9. This year’s theme is “Tipping Point: Strategies for a New Energy Future.”
The conference will examine the changing dynamics of energy markets, the impact of technology, government policies, the environment and the global economy, while exploring strategies to navigate the opportunities and challenges ahead for energy.
BP will have a considerable presence. On March 6, for example, Bob Dudley will speak at a luncheon event hosted by Yergin. Other participating executives and events include:
- Dev Sanyal, Chief Executive, Alternative Energy & Executive Vice President, Regions: “Energy and Climate Policy: Searching for the Balance” (March 5).
- Lamar McKay, Deputy Group Chief Executive: “Innovation & Investment in a World of Transition” (March 5).
- Morag Watson, Chief Digital Information Officer: “Energy and Robotics” and "Blockchain Rising: What does it mean for upstream and trading?" (March 5).
- Ahmed Hashmi, Head, Upstream Technology: “The Long Game: What’s Next in Upstream Tech?” (March 6).
- Doug Sparkman, Chief Operating Officer, Fuels, North America: “How Policy and Technology Are Transforming and Disrupting the Downstream” (March 6).
- Bernard Looney, Chief Executive, Upstream: “Upstream in a World in Transition” (March 6).
Ray Dempsey, Chief Diversity Officer: “Diversity and Inclusion: Building Competitive Advantage” (March 6).
- Starlee Sykes, Regional President, Gulf of Mexico and Canada: “Gender Balance in the Energy Industry, Lessons and Strategies” (March 7).
- Morag Watson, Chief Digital Information Officer: “AI & Energy, Revolution or Evolution” (March 7).
This year’s event will mark the 37th anniversary of IHS CERAWeek, which has been ranked among the top five “corporate leader” conferences in the world. The program provides comprehensive insight into the global and regional energy future by addressing key issues — from markets and geopolitics to technology, project costs, energy and the environment, finance, operational excellence and cyber risks.
IHS CERA is a Colorado-based global information company featuring specialists in energy, economics, geopolitical risk, sustainability and supply chain management.