Stud bolts and gaskets used onshore and offshore in hydrocarbon lines and facilities must meet specified requirements. This course covers the specification and use of stud bolts and gaskets in ASME B31.3, ASME B31.4 and ASME B31.8 code piping systems and Truck and Trailer Manufacturer's Association (TTMA) line class piping. Students will practice skills by removing and re-installing a blind flange used as a scraper trap closure or strainer cover.
Types of stud bolts and nuts:
- Non-coated carbon steel stud bolts and nuts
- Xylan 1424 Blue coated carbon steel stud bolts and nuts
- Product marking
- Positive material identification
- Thread Lubrication
- Limitations for Reusing Stud Bolts
- Torque Requirements
- Torque Increments
- Nut Engagement Requirements
- Stud bolts and nut assemblies for stud tensioning system
- Special Considerations for Vibration
- Bolt torquing sequence
- Bolt torquing forms
- Gasket materials
- Code acceptability of spiral wound metallic gaskets
- Insulating gaskets
- Ring Gaskets for RTJ Flanges
- TTMA Gaskets
- Sandwich Valve Gaskets
Want to learn more?
This video demonstrates the proper technique for bolting and torquing a 2"/600lb. flange assembly.
Our facility offers a wide variety of bolting, gasketing, and pipe fitting challenges that would be applicable to any industry that deals with pressurized systems.