This course covers flanges, fittings, and closures used in the construction of pipeline and terminal facilities.
- Material Requirements and Manufacturing Considerations
- Matching bore of flanges and fittings to the wall thickness of pipe
- Matching pipe grade and flange or fitting material grade
- Requiring mill certificates for all flanges and fittings when purchased
- ANSI/ASME rating of flanges
- Scraper bars for tees
- Sour service
- Piggable wyes
Blanks, Blinds, and 'Skillets/Pancakes'
Want to learn more?
Our facility contains multiple arrangements of piping and fittings that allow for practice and demonstration of skills given a predetermined scenario.