This course covers flanges, fittings, and closures used in the construction of pipeline and terminal facilities.
- Material Requirements and Manufacturing Considerations
- Matching bore of flanges and fittings to the wall thickness of pipe
- Matching pipe grade and flange or fitting material grade
- Requiring mill certificates for all flanges and fittings when purchased
- ANSI/ASME rating of flanges
- Scraper bars for tees
- Sour service
- Piggable wyes
Blanks, Blinds, and 'Skillets/Pancakes'
Want to learn more?
The video (above) by Larsen Supply Company demonstrates the proper technique for installing pipe fittings.
Our facility contains multiple arrangements of piping and fittings that allow for practice and demonstration of skills given a predetermined scenario.