Hazard Identification and Task Risk Assessment (HITRA) is a structured process to identify the hazards and specify actions to mitigate these hazards for a work activity or task.
- HITRA roles and responsibilities
- HITRA Prerequisites
- Health, Safety, Security, Environment, Hazard Identification, and Risk Assessment / Mitigation
- Equipment and Forms Required
- Supporting Documents / Related Procedures
Procedure for conducting a new HITRA, including:
- Form the team
- Identify permit covered tasks and task hazards
- Identify hazard effects
- Determine probabilities and initial risk level
- Identify control measures and mitigations
- Determine residual risk
- Specification of work monitoring requirements
- Obtain approvals
- Implement control measures
- Workforce acceptance
- Additions and changes
- Using a previously developed HITRA
Want to learn more?
Our facility offers many real world scenarios for identifying hazards and risks but in a controlled environment.