Overhead Cranes are widely used for material handling and maintenance work. The inspection and operation of overhead cranes and the selection and inspection of rigging are important in performing safe lifting operations. Students develop and demonstrate skills and knowledge of lift operator, rigger and signal person roles through a variety of work scenarios.
- Overhead crane inspection and operational checks
- Overhead crane safety
- Overhead crane load capacity and limitations
- Overhead crane hand signals
- Lift planning and associated calculations
- Rigging selection, inspection and use