This course covers procedures for periodically inspecting onshore above ground storage tanks to assure tank integrity. Students gain an understanding of requirements from the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
'Initial fill' inspection of floating roof tanks:
- General requirements
- Internal floating roof tanks
- External floating roof tanks
API 653 monthly/routine inspection of all tanks:
- DOT Required monthly/routine in-service inspections
- EPA 40 CFR monthly inspections (SPCC)
- EPA 60 CFR additional requirements for NSPS Kb IFR tanks
Annual tank inspections – visual and seal gap measurements:
- Annual inspection of breakout tanks
- Annual inspection of floating roof tanks
Five (5) year tank inspection:
- DOT required five year in-service inspections
- EPA five year inspection of external floating roof tanks
- EPA five year external bulk storage containers inspection
Inspection of internal floating roof tanks
API 653 internal inspection of all tanks
- Tank inspection records
- Tank repair records
Want to learn more?
The video (above) by ERI Solutions, Inc. reviews how to prepare your internal floating roof storage tank for an API 653 internal inspection.