We're committed to meeting the world's growing demand for safe energy
From floating production rigs that stay in one place miles out at sea and operate in water a mile deep, to sites that function in subzero temperatures, we have one of the most diverse development portfolios in the world. With us, you can be part of some of the most exciting technical challenges in the world and work with an experienced team who will freely share their knowledge and expertise with you – development is always at the forefront of our minds. We’re a diverse organization, and our people reflect that diversity. But wherever we operate and in every part of our business, we work in a safe and responsible way that serves the entire company. At BP we are re-balancing our short and long-term priorities as we plan for what’s ahead.
Our operations literally span the globe and wherever you work you’ll have plenty of opportunities to learn, develop and build the skills needed for your future and ours
Construction and commissioning managers
From developing construction strategies, scheduling and forecasting labour, to administering contracts, managing costs and quality assurance, you’ll set the highest standards of HSE.
- Construction managers/engineers take on the most senior on-site role – managing a high-quality, in-house team and overseeing contractors in all aspects of project fabrication and construction activities. You’ll work to identify key risks and establish rigorous execution and monitoring processes. This will extend from front-end engineering to ensure safe, efficient designs through to project delivery and completion.
- Commissioning managers/engineers make sure that safe and successful commissioning and start-up procedures are embedded in the design, in line with the highest standards of safety behaviours and management performance. You’ll be responsible for all matters regarding the implementation of commissioning requirements into the design. As well as recruiting and developing the owner’s commissioning team, you’ll make sure that the contractors you take on turn your commissioning and start-up philosophy into detailed procedures.
Provide the information that shapes our daily work as part of a collaborative, global team
From safely and reliably steering projects miles under the sea or in remote corners of the globe, to supporting our key corporate functions, we depend wholly on the provision of accurate and accessible information to deliver our goals. Information management is a project-driven discipline at BP that brings together highly talented people with complementary skills into a collaborative, single-team culture. Wherever in the world you are working, you can expect to be involved in the full lifecycle of a project – setting, implementing and communicating the information management strategy and infrastructure, as well as ensuring an effective interface between all key stakeholders. The roles in information management are highly varied and could entail developing rigorous specifications and procedures, maintaining data registers or distribution matrices, or monitoring the work of third parties involved in our projects. All our information management specialists are responsible for capturing and sharing best practice. We generally look for an information management background in an engineering environment. Experience in the oil and gas sector, while not essential for all roles, is a definite asset. What you will need, however, is large project experience and familiarity with the wider information set – data, documents, models etc. – and its use through the whole life of projects. Strong communication and influencing skills are essential, as is detailed knowledge of IT systems, while business process analysis experience is preferable for some roles.
Our diverse portfolio of global, groundbreaking projects will continually give you new perspectives
Our operations literally span the globe and wherever you work you’ll have plenty of opportunities to learn, develop and build the skills needed for your future and ours. You’ll be able to work in operations and in our global projects organization (GPO), which we’ve established to share expertise and best practice across our global portfolio and ensure the safe design and delivery of our largest projects. We’re influencing the future of our industry, and so could you in any of the following roles:
- Project engineers help us to deliver projects and supervise contractors’ execution of engineering design, equipment and materials procurement, module fabrication as well as transportation and construction. You'll manage design changes, resolve technical and commercial issues, take the lead in HSE performance and ensure compliance. You may be asked to lead teams of in-house or contractors’ engineers.
- Project managers are fully accountable for the delivery of smaller projects or portions of a larger project, such as facilities (onshore or offshore), pipelines, marine vessels or subsea systems. You could take on significant sub-components of overall project facilities.
- Project services managers ensure project estimates, budgets, schedules, financials and staffing are consistent with project plans. You’ll be essential to our project leadership and manage many of the project management processes and tools. We’ll also ask you to co-ordinate all costs, scheduling, risk identification, change management and reporting for the project.
BP is involved in some of the largest projects in the energy industry. Which means our project managers have some big decisions to make
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. That’s what we do. We do it safely and reliably. And we do it across the globe. And whether it’s a major offshore exploration project or a key refining improvement programme, our project managers take the lead at all stages of the project lifecycle. As one of our project managers, you’ll lead a multi-disciplinary project team accountable for the planning, design, procurement, construction and commissioning phases. Safety and efficiency are our watchwords, and you’ll be expected to deliver against HSSE, cost, schedule, quality and operability targets. Creating the Project Execution Plan, evaluating and managing project risk and contingency, championing best project practice and managing third-party engineering and construction resources – all could be part of your unusually broad remit. These roles typically attract seasoned professionals with a relevant degree, and ideally a project management qualification, who have a clear track record of delivery. We look for experience in both the analysis and execution phases of projects. Outstanding technical and team leadership qualities, along with strong networking and relationship-building skills, need to be combined with exceptional knowledge of safety technologies.
Diversity and inclusion
We work as one team, bringing together people from a range of backgrounds whose different perspectives enrich our business. That’s why we value diversity and inclusion. Everyone at BP is treated fairly, with respect, and is encouraged to voice their opinion. Each member of the team knows what is expected of them and is given every opportunity to realize their potential in a pleasant, supportive and collaborative environment.